Each year we celebrate the unique and diverse student body we have at Stinson Elementary. The WHOLE MONTH of February becomes a fun learning opportunity for ALL of our students to share their languages, cultures, celebrations and traditions with each other. Activities include:
Weekly Multicultural News – Fun facts about Stinson’s diversity in our PTA e-newsletter.
Daily Kids Morning Announcements – Kids from all grades and backgrounds can sign up to be on the morning announcements. Students say 1-2 sentences in their native language, talk about their heritage, or a place that they’ve traveled or studied. A multicultural winner of the day will be awarded! Sign up outside the ESL classroom (#405)
Multicultural Clothing & Souvenir Fridays – Kids can wear favorite or traditional clothing from their country of choice each Friday in February.
Around the World Food Week for Teachers – Bring a food or dessert item to share with teachers Feb. 19-23.
DON’T MISS OUR GRAND FINALE EVENTS:
Multicultural Night - Students and their families showcase the food, culture, music and performances from all over the world.
Thursday, February 22nd, 2018
Location: Stinson Gym
Stinson Elementary Multicultural Event 2017
Kids Passport Event - Classes tour our participants’ multicultural displays, participate in a scavenger hunt and have their passports stamped.
Friday, February 23rd, 2018
Time: 8:00 am – 11:30 am
Location: Stinson Gym
RESERVE YOUR SPOT IN ANY OF OUR MULTICULTURAL EVENTS:
- Attend the mandatory Parents meeting (Thursday, November 16th from 3:00 - 4:00 pm) – snacks and childcare will be provided. We are looking for families from all 7 continents to participate. U.S. born students included!
- Fill out & return the participation form by 12/15/17
HOW FAMILIES CAN PARTICIPATE:
1) Host a display table for a specific country (Brazil, China, India, Syria, USA, etc) for:
Multicultural Night Event (Feb. 22nd) and/or
Kids Passport Tour on Friday, Feb, 23rd (8:00 am – 11:30 am)
2) Students perform a cultural dance, musical piece, skit, poetry reading or other performance at Multicultural Night (Feb 22nd).
3) Bring a food or dessert item representing a country for our teacher’s Around the World food week (Feb. 20-23).
4) Bring an artifact from your country to place in our display case in February.
5) Volunteer to assist with the event.
Shelly Bedard: email@example.com
Farah Kuzbari: firstname.lastname@example.org