Stinson PTA provides high-quality, fun, enrichment programs and community outreach opportunities for our students and their families. Some programs are held during school hours, some are offered after school, and others are held in the evening. This year’s schedule of events will be updated here and on the calendar as soon as they are confirmed.
- After School Enrichment Programs – Most semesters, students have the opportunity to register for an 8-week, after school enrichment class for an additional fee. Past partners have included LEGO by Play-Well, USA Chess, Mad Science, Drama Kids & Young Rembrandts. PTA’s ability to offer these programs depends on the involvement of our after school volunteer committee who does everything except teach the classes to ensure they meet our high standard of success. For more information, see After School Enrichment tab or contact the After School Enrichment Programs Chair at email@example.com.
- Educational Nights – Math Night, Science Night, STEAM Night and Guest Novelist Nights are just a few of the fun events that PTA and Stinson teachers have hosted on campus.
- Family Back to School Picnic – To kick off our school year, PTA hosts a FREE back to school picnic for Stinson families. This year’s event is Friday , Sept 7th from 6-8pm at Creek Hollow Park. If you’d like to volunteer or find out more information, click on Back to School Picnic tab or contact the Back to School Picnic Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Multicultural Events – Each February, we celebrate Stinson’s diversity with a month-long schedule of activities. For more information, see Multicultural Events or contact the Multicultural Chair, Farah Kuzbari, at email@example.com.
- Red Ribbon Week – Drug prevention education week held on campus October 22nd-26th. For more information, contact Pam Lindsey, VP of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stinson Cares (Community Outreach/Service Projects) – Past programs have included making Valentine cards for senior citizens, as well as hygiene kit collections, snack donations and book drives for PISD Title I schools. These are often run in conjunction with the class Valentine’s Day parties.
For questions about our Youth Programs, contact:
Pam Lindsey, VP of Programs